Drywall Knives & Paint Scrapers

29 items

Set Descending Direction

29 items

Set Descending Direction
What are drywall knives and paint scrapers?

Drywall knives, paint scrapers, joint knives, taping knives, and putty knives are different types of tools that are used for various purposes in drywall installation and repair. Drywall knives are used to cut and trim drywall sheets to fit the wall or ceiling. Paint scrapers are used to remove old paint, wallpaper, or adhesive from the surface. Joint knives are used to apply and smooth joint compounds or spackles over the seams and holes in the drywall. Taping knives are used to apply and press drywall tape over the joint compound or spackle to reinforce the seams and prevent cracking. Putty knives are used to apply and shape putty or filler over small holes or dents in drywall or wood. These tools can have different sizes, shapes, and materials depending on the preference and needs of the user. Some common materials are stainless steel, carbon steel, and plastic. Some common sizes are 4-inch, 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch. Some common shapes are flexible, stiff, curved, straight, pointed, and square.

How to sharpen a scraper?

  • Square the edge: The scraper edge is first joined followed by honing both the edge and its adjoining face.
  • Draw out a Burr: The burnisher rubs a high polish along the face side of the scraper edge as it draws out a burr.
  • TURN THE HOOK: The outer edge is both polished and re-shaped by rolling back the drawn-out burr with the burnisher.
How can we remove paint from windows?
  • Use an IR paint remover to remove the paint from your windows.
  • Make a 50/50 combination of water and vinegar for a fast DIY remedy.
  • Warm the ingredients in a saucepan.
  • Dip a microfiber cloth into the vinegar and water.
  • Place the wet cloth against the paint.
  • Wipe away the paint with ease once it has softened.